Being a headteacher brings great rewards, but this can be tempered by the pressures of the role which is highly demanding and ever changing. School Support Solutions offers headteachers confidential and personal support which will help to maintain your own resilience and positive well-being, which will ultimately improve the effectiveness of your school. We want to help you to minimise the stresses of your role, so you can maintain your ability to lead and inspire others. Many headteachers are skilled at looking after the well-being of their staff, but give little thought, or time, to their own.
School Support Solutions provides a flexible service which will meet the needs of individual headteachers. This may include:
- Support face-to-face, by telephone or via email
- A safe, confidential space to share your thoughts, worries and concerns
- Practical advice and support with difficult issues (including attendance at meetings if required), for example, child protection, challenging parents, staff/governor concerns
- A sounding board to let off steam or bounce around ideas
- A listening ear and honest feedback
- Support in creating a healthy work–life balance
- Sign-posting to other support agencies and networks
- Mentoring, especially for headteachers new to the role and acting heads
- Timely bulletins to keep you up to date with the ever-changing educational landscape
Governors have a duty of care to ensure their headteacher’s emotional health and well-being is catered for. This service will assist governing bodies in discharging this duty.
‘I love my job as a time-stretched Headteacher of a small primary school and always want to do the very best I can for the children in my care. School Support Solutions Ltd is therefore invaluable in a number of ways. As well as regular face-to-face meetings of a bespoke nature, I also receive succinct emails providing me with information about changes, funding opportunities and actions that I must take. I also have a phone number that I can call and the comfort of knowing that support is there, if I ever need to call upon it, is very reassuring.’
Headteacher of St. Catharine’s Catholic Primary School
To find out about our school improvement service, please click here.
If a school cluster is interested in commissioning our services, we can provide a bespoke package to meet the needs of the group. Please click here for further information.